Wednesday, July 16, 2008

day 4- how i met the love of my life....actually allan and i met our senior year in high school. it was october and we were at a halloween party. he had just moved here to utah from oklahoma and so he didn't really know anyone. well being the social butterfly that i am i was mingling with everyone...he would tell you that i was flirting with a certain someone, so clearly he thought that i was dating him. he was dead wrong!
so after that party of meeting him briefly i didn't really see him again until the end of our senior year...that is were the good stuff starts.
he began dating one of my friends that i sang with in choir. you know how high school romances go, but he and this girl broke up. meanwhile, i am doing the play cinderella (i am the fairy godmother) and allan has conveniently volunteered to help with the set/lighting durning the performances. well that is where our romance starting blossoming. we began dating shortly after that. after graduation we dated for about seven months until he left for his mission to sweden.
i wrote allan the two years he was away. when he came home it was like he never left. he hadn't even been home a week and we went on a road trip to arizona to visit his sister. it was on that trip that i knew i was going to marry him...i just didn't think that it would happen as quickly as it did. almost two weeks to the day he came home he proposed to me. call me crazy but it felt so right. now looking back on it i can imagine why our parents were freaking out the way they were. we were nuts! six weeks later we were married for time and all eternity in the logan temple. then five months later we found out we were pregnant with our little boy paxton. we just have to do everything so fast. it has always been that way for us, but i wouldn't have it any other way. he is my everything. i love him so much, more and more everyday. i am so blessed to have him as my husband. he is wonderful to me!
i love you allan it has been a wonderful 6 1/2 years. thankyou for being the man of my dreams and such a wonderful daddy. you are a blessing to me and i thank god everyday that you are MINE!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

ahhh... I remember so much of that! the temple was awesome!

April said...

ohhh. that is cute. you guys are such great friends to Jeff and I we love you guys so much! you guys are so cute together

Danielle said...

Look at all those hair do changes! You guys are so cute together! We need to double date soon!
Love ya

Sharee said...

What a nice tribute to Allan! I am so glad that you two met, you make a great pair. I am also glad that I had a friend who was also waiting for a missionary at the same time I was. We did have some good times while they were away but it is so much better with the men that we love.

Amy said...

Those are some fun pictures. I love your story. :)

Maria said...

Stacy I hope you remember me.. I found your blog and thought I'd say HI. You have a darling family!
Thanks for letting me take a peek at your family.

Maria (Guymon) Kendall

The Bruces said...

Oh Stacey of course I remember you, How could I forget. You also have a dang cute family. that would be really awesome to get everyone together sometime to catch up. We should really plan something.
Lori

Sayyadina said...

That is freaking cute! Having been there when the romance began to blossom, I can tell you that even from the outside, the two of you looked and felt RIGHT together! It's good to see you again after all these years and discover that it's still true!

how cute

About Me

My photo
i am a very lucky girl. i am married to my high school sweetheart. i have 3 beautiful little ones. and i get to do my dream job...stay at home! i love everything in life...as of now!

sing along with me